CSU Media Library – User Access
All photos are the property of CSU Photography in the Division of University Communications at Colorado State University, and copyrighted as such. Photographs may only be used to promote Colorado State University programs and activities. Without specific permission, photos may not be used or altered to depict the subject of a photo in a negative light or subject person(s) to ridicule, or be used to illustrate topics of sexual issues, substance abuse, physical or mental abuse, alcohol, drugs, tobacco, AIDS, cancer, or serious physical or mental ailments, or the disparagement of a person or product.
Commissioned Photography Pricing and Stock Photography Use Fees
- Photography commissioned for a client’s department, college or division is provided to that client for their continued use. No use fees will be assessed when that department, college, or division reuses commissioned photography. Hourly rates for commissioned photography includes time spent on photography labor and postproduction. Due to the nature that only a percentage of actual photography production costs are recovered, resulting photographs will be made available as stock photography to the CSU community.
- Photography use fees will be assessed for the use of photographs not commissioned by your department, college or division. Please note that in some cases photographs depicting your department’s activities, professors, students and research may be included in some photographs, it cannot be assumed that your department, college or division commissioned the photography and as such use fees will apply.
Guests can search the CSU Media Library to preview archival and contemporary photographs, view caption information, create and share collections and download watermarked assets for positioning purposes. To register as a CSU Guest, follow the short instructions below to create your personal two-week time limited account. Please note, clicking on the Download button for a single image or collection of images will submit an order request requiring administrator approval. You will be contacted by email and asked to confirm your order request. Please be prepared to provide information regarding how you would like to use the requested images. Use fees are based on digital or print publication use. See Stock Photography Pricing Guide listed below as a quick reference of pricing fees and licensing structure. Please contact CSU Photography with any questions.
Colorado State University Media Library
Registration Code: CSUGuest4865
To create a personal guest account.
- Click on the link listed above
- Click on the Create Account button
- Enter the registration code, complete and submit the form
- Login to search and preview all available stock photography
Stock Photography Pricing Guide
- $70 – Print and Digital Publication Use
- Licensing a photograph for print and digital publication use will allow for a single image to be used in a high-resolution print publication and for digital use when used on the same project, ad campaign, or marketing promotion.
- Multiple uses of the same photograph within the same project, ad campaign, or marketing promotion both in high-resolution and digital form is permitted.
- The use of the photograph for a different or alternative project will require an additional fee.
- $12 – Digital Use
- Licensing a photograph for digital publication will allow for a single image to be used for digital use (websites, social, digital signs, PowerPoints, Video etc.) only.
- Multiple digital uses of the same photograph within the same project, ad campaign, or marketing promotion is permitted.
- The use of the photograph for a different or alternative digital project will require an additional fee.
CSU Registered Users
Colorado State University marketing and design personnel can use the CSU Media Library link to login or register to request access to a college or department library of commissioned photography. CSU Registered users can search and preview available stock photography as well as download photographic assets commissioned by their college or department. Please note, should your college or department already have a registered user, additional users will incur an Additional User registration fee. Please contact CSU Photography with questions regarding this fee.